Infant & Toddler Initiative
The CCRC's Infant and Toddler Specialist promotes quality through the education of early care and learning professionals by focusing on infant and toddler development and responsive care teaching during routines, play and learning while creating and maintaining optimal environments.
Through professional development, technical assistance and resources, infant and toddler professionals have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and care teaching strategies to offer intentional experiences that last a lifetime.
1. Technical assistance and coaching topics include many aspects of infant/toddler care, including:
- creating optimal environments implementing appropriate play,
- learning and routine care teaching strategies
- Using documentation, lesson plans and curriculums
2. Professional Development - Infant/toddler professional development is available to any early care and learning professional who is interested in supporting infant and toddler development and providing nurturing care and learning through responsive care teaching, and creating and maintaining optimal environments.
Contact Sharon Harmon, the CCRC's Infant and Toddler Specialist to receive information, training or support at 440-960-7187 ext. 222 or email at SHarmon@ccrcinc.com. Sharon is PITC trained and certified Specialist (http://www.pitc.org/cs/pitctr/view/pitc_grad/1119 ), who has worked within the state of Ohio’s First Step Program (http://occrra.org/it/index.php ) for 2 years and has worked with child care programs in achieving star ratings and meeting basic licensing regulations.