In Ohio, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) is the state CACFP sponsor. The CCRC has been a state selected local CACFP sponsor for over 20 years, with participants in Defiance, Erie, Hancock, Hardin, Huron, Lorain, Lucas, Ottawa, Paulding, Putnam, Richland, Sandusky, Seneca, Wood and Williams counties.
As a local sponsor, the CCRC:
- Provides training and technical assistance to participants
- Monitors participants to ensure program integrity and compliance with nutrition policies
- Reviews monthly reimbursement claims and submits claims to state agency for payment
- Disburses reimbursements
- Supports participants with business management resources
Child care centers receive cash reimbursement for serving meals to eligible, enrolled children. Centers may be approved to claim up to two reimbursable meals (breakfast, lunch or supper) and one snack, or two snacks and one meal, to each enrolled child, each day. Reimbursement for centers is computed by meal type (breakfast, lunch, supper, or snack) and eligibility category (free, reduced price, and paid).
You need the CCRC to sponsor your CACFP because:
- We assume the liability for compliance with regulations
- We work closely with your staff to assure integrity in CACFP operations
- We know how to help you claim the largest reimbursement for which you are eligible
- We assume the administrative burden for monthly claims
- We will train your staff in children’s health and nutrition
- We provide claim management software
You are on your way to saving TIME & MONEY! To get more information or to start your journey with the CACFP for Centers program call Kathleen Rovere 440-242-0413 ext. 250