CCRC provides educational activities, technical assistance, and ongoing support for individuals who are licensed or are interested in becoming licensed child care providers.
Whether you are just beginning your journey to become a child care provider or if you have years of experience, our program focuses on group training and individual support for caregivers who are interested in providing care in their home, opening a center-based program or those providing care in churches, Head Start or school-based programs..
We provide you with learning experiences and practical knowledge about the ages and stages of child development, health and safety in your care environment, how to grow and manage a successful business, and how to establish effective relationships with parents. The CCRC staff are here to help you navigate the process of starting your child care business. We can help you build your business plan, and understand specific rules and regulations you will need to follow to operate a quality child care program.
We can provide support to enhance the quality of your program through training; coaching and resources that can help you open your business. We will also help you develop systems for your business to ensure your program is proving high-quality experiences for the children and families who will be in your care.
Benefits of participation include:
- Required workshops/training
- Assistance understanding Ohio's licensing requirements
- Pre-licensing walkthrough of your home or program
- Technical support and mentoring
- Networking with other child care providers
If you believe you are ready to take the next step in your career as an early care and education professional:
1. Please complete the self assessment to gage your readiness to become a child care provider:
- Child Care Center business - Self Assessment
- Family Child Care Home business - Self Assessment
2. Join a "Starting a Program" Cohort group. Contact the CCRC to get information or to sign up TODAY!
440-242-0413 ext. 247
The Cohort Groups will walk you through the steps and requirements needed to Open a Child Care Business in Ohio. Here are some of the required topics that are covered:
- Creating my business plan
- Marketing my business
- Developing your knowledge and systems
- Understanding and applying licensing rules and regulations
- Learning quality standards such as SUTQ, NAEYC, NAFCC etc.
- Child Care Staffing Solutions
- Fingerprinting & Background Checks
- CACFP Food program
Whatever your specific need, the CCRC is here for you!
The CCRC office are currently open on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday's from 9-5 p.m. All Child Care Resource Center staff are serving families and child care programs Monday – Friday from 9 – 5 p.m. Please check in with staff to ensure they will be in the office when you arrive. Setting an appointment with the staff member you wish to see will ensure a speedy connection for you. The CCRC serves 5 counties in North Central Ohio so we are in these communities providing services and may not always be in the office.
Contact the Child Care Resource Center Staff by calling 440.242.0413 or click the following link for specific staff extensions: Click Here for Link
For Up-To-Date Information follow the CCRC on Facebook: Facebook Link