There are only 2,000 days between the time a baby is born and when they will begin kindergarten. For optimal development and a strong foundation, children need good health, strong families and high quality early learning environments. With high quality early childhood experiences, children are school ready, higher graduation rate and grow into productive citizens and valuable employees.
Step Up To Quality is Ohio’s Quality Rating System for Early Childhood Education programs. As the Step Up To Quality Coordinator, I support center-based and family child care programs in the development of policies and systems based on the Step Up To Quality Standards. I look forward to supporting you with your SUTQ to become rated, increase your rating, maintain your rating or answer any questions you may have.
Technical assistance and coaching support for SUTQ can include:
- Support for new Child Care Administrators who are new to SUTQ
- Newly licensed providers needing to become SUTQ rated
- Developing knowledge and systems to become SUTQ rated
- Developing systems to maintain your SUTQ rating
- Implementing systems to become highly rated
- Supporting programs who have moderate and/or serious risk findings and need some support to maintain your rating